Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
ELEVENTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: Dear friends, we walk by faith, not by sight. Let us pray with trust to God who has planted his kingdom among us and of whose kingdom we, as Church, are servants.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. For the church … for shepherds and faithful who hear the gospel today to show the world the face of God’s compassion and forgiveness … for anyone who calls upon the mercy of God today … for everyone who forgives another person today … we pray. . .
2. For peace where there is no peace … for good will where there is strife … for justice where there is no justice … for a commitment on the part of the nations’ leaders to solutions that hurt no one and benefit all … we pray. . .
3. For an ever more generous sharing of the anti-covid vaccines by those who have with those who have not … for the peoples of the world to see more and more clearly that we are one human family … we pray. . .
4. SEQ CHAPTER \h \r 1 For all who are about to graduate or have graduated in these days … for the wise use of their knowledge, talents, and skills … for a readiness to serve with their gifts the common good and the enrichment of the human family … we pray. . .
5. For vocations abounding to the priesthood and the religious life … for the seriously ill, (especially _______________) … for their comfort and healing … we pray. . .
6. For those we love as family … for service men and women and First Responders … for all who have asked for our prayers … for those for whom we have promised to pray … and those for whom we are especially concerned … we pray. . .
7. For eternal life for our beloved dead, (especially ________________, … for all who are grieving the loss of someone dear to them … we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: O God Most High, whose kingdom, like scattered seed, grows slowly but steadily under your watchful care, grace us to embrace with love and humility the word Jesus sows in our hearts. Receive the prayers of this community which we raise up to you through Christ our Lord.