Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
SIXTH SUNDAY OF EASTER
CELEBRANT: Let us pray to the God who loves us and sent His Son as an offering for our sins, and whose love has brought us here today in praise and thanksgiving.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That the humble and compassionate witness of believers, shepherds and faithful, may be a loving invitation to the waters of Baptism to those in every nation who fear God and act uprightly, we pray. . .
2. That nations and peoples may not terrorize one another but rather come to bless each other with the generous hospitality of God, who shows no partiality, we pray. . .
3. That the newly baptized, those recently received into the Church, our First Communicants, and our young people celebrating Confirmation in these days, may remain in Christ’s love by keeping his commandments and sharing his love with others all their days, we pray. . .
4. That our mothers and all who play a mothering role in our lives may know the blessings of peace and security, health and happiness, we pray. . .
5. That mothers who hurt in any way may be lifted up in heart and spirit by the compassion of our God and of our God’s disciples, we pray. . .
6. That there may be an increasingly effective and abundant rollout of the anti-covid vaccines to all the peoples of the world, we pray. . .
7. That our service men and women, and our first responders may be safe; and the seriously ill, in our community and among our family members and friends, gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially __________,) we pray. . .
8. That Easter’s glorious promise may be the hope of those among us in mourning; and, our deceased mothers, and all who have passed on marked with the sign of faith live with the risen Lord forever in joy beyond understanding, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: God of love, help us to bear fruit that will remain, and to love one another as we have been commanded. Listen to the prayers of this assembly, raised up to you in the name of Jesus Christ, our Risen Lord, forever and ever.