Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
CELEBRANT: In this hope-filled celebration of the risen Lord, let us offer our prayers with confidence.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That Pope Francis and all of us, God’s people, shepherds and faithful, may by our celebration of the Resurrection rejoice in a new springtime of faith, and recommit ourselves to sharing the good news with a broken world, yearning for good news, we
pray. . .
2. That the light of Easter may shine on nations shrouded by war, especially Syria and Yemen, on those who offer them the word of peace, on our service men and women in harm’s way and far from home this Easter, and on all our First Responders, we pray. . .
3. That the developed nations may bring the hope of the Easter alleluia to all the world’s poor through the abundant sharing of the anti-covid vaccines, we pray. . .
4. That we who celebrate Jesus’ resurrection may bring that same hope to the lives of the hungry and the homeless, to the immigrant, and the refugee, to hurting family and neighbors, we pray. . .
5. That the newest members of our faith family, initiated this Easter, and all the newly initiated may know the peace of the Risen Jesus all the days of their lives, and find in the example of their sister and brother believers an inspiration to living in Christ, we pray. . .
6. That there may be an increase in vocations to the priesthood and the religious life for the well-being of the believing community and the gathering of the harvest, we pray. . .
7. That the seriously ill in our community and among our family members and friends may be gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially _______________,) we pray. . .
8. That all who have died since last Easter as victims of COVID-19 or of gun violence,
_______________, and all our parishioners, family members, and friends, who have passed on marked with the sign of faith, may live with the risen Lord forever in joy beyond understanding, we
pray. . .
CELEBRANT: Gracious God, by raising Jesus, you have renewed all creation. Strengthen us, your people, that we may be faithful witnesses to the promises that are ours. We pray this and all things through Christ, our Risen Lord, forever and ever!