Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
SIXTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: The Lord Jesus, moved with pity, healed the leper. Let us pray God to bring healing and comfort to all who are in need.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. For the church of God: may its preaching and witness form consciences attuned to the glory of God and the dignity of all people, we pray. . .
2. For the leaders of the nations - - - in the Middle East, on the African continent, around the globe: may they break down barriers that divide, stand together in the struggle against the evils of war and violence in all its forms, and work toward peace and justice for our one human family, we pray. . .
3. For wisdom from on high for our national leaders: may they be led by that wisdom to the most effective, just, and compassionate ways to relieve the many anxieties of our citizens caused by the pandemic, and the anxieties of the immigrants in our midst, we pray. . .
4. For this world in which so many suffer: may the resources of health and healing, especially the corona virus vaccines, be equitably shared, we pray. . .
5. For the safety of our service men and women, of those who first respond to disaster, of doctors, nurses, and all who care for and comfort the seriously ill, we pray. . .
6. For the seriously ill in our parish community and among our family members and friends to be gifted, as the leper in today’s Gospel, with loving care and the healing touch of our God, (especially ,) we pray. . .
7. For those in mourning to be lifted up in hope by Easter’s glorious promise; and
, (and) all our beloved dead to come to eternal rest and the everlasting embrace of God’s love and peace, we pray. . .
8. We pause to express, in the silence of our hearts, our personal intentions -
For our God to receive with a special kindness those unspoken concerns, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: God of our salvation, you stretch out your hand in Jesus to touch the unclean, to love the unlovely, to draw the excluded into the circle of your beloved disciples and friends. Make us, cleansed of our sins by your love, eager to heal others and glad to herald a Savior whose kingdom includes all and who lives and reigns as Lord forever and ever.