Each week we are posting General Intercessions for the upcoming Sunday liturgies by Msgr. Joseph Masiello, retired pastor of Holy Trinity Parish, Westfield, NJ. These intercessions are based on the assigned scriptures, the liturgical season and current events.
FOURTH SUNDAY IN ORDINARY TIME
CELEBRANT: Let us now pray, in the name of Jesus of Nazareth, the Holy One of God.
READER: Please respond, “LORD, HEAR OUR PRAYER!”
1. That the shepherds of the Church may teach the truth of God with an authority born of faithful witness and humble, loving service, we pray. . .
2. That Jesus’ teachings, taken to heart, may rebuke the unclean spirits that torment our world: greed and selfishness, war and violence, we pray. . .
3. That the hearts of all our national leaders may be transformed so that, working together, they may settle on just and compassionate ways to resolve the critical issues facing our country, we pray. . .
4. That God may bless abundantly President Biden and Vice-President Harris and, in turn, may they bless our country by their pursuit of the common good and the lifting up of the most hurting among us, we pray. . .
5. That those burdened by emotional anguish, stress of whatever kind from the pandemic, or mental illness may receive the care they need, the love they desire, the healing they seek, we pray. . .
6. That there may be an increase in vocations to the priesthood and the religious life for the sake of the believing community, we pray. . .
7. That our service men and women, our First Responders, and essential workers may be safe; and, the seriously ill in our parish community and among our family members and friends be gifted with love’s comfort and the healing touch of our God, (especially ____________________ ,) we pray. . .
8. That Easter’s glorious promise may be the hope of those among us in mourning; and , (and) all our beloved dead come to eternal rest and the everlasting embrace of God’s love and peace, we pray. . .
CELEBRANT: In Christ Jesus your Son, O God, you impart to us a new teaching from one who speaks with authority, and who shows us how to live as disciples. Make us strong in professing our faith, and in proclaiming to others, in word and deed, your great love. We pray this through Christ our Lord.